Poghos Shahinyan, head of the National Road Safety Council of Armenia speaks to EVN Report about the increasing number of traffic accidents, lack of road safety knowledge and a new point system for Armenian drivers.
- Factors that led to the Increasing number of car accidents in Armenia.
- Lack of road safety knowledge and awareness.
- The new point system for Armenian drivers.
- Lack of traffic police and equipment.
- Problems caused by the high increase of cars being imported to Armenia that are mostly damaged.
- Risk of creating “car cemeteries” in Armenia because of the number of imported cars.
- Importance of good transportation infrastructure.