EVN Report is an independent, non-profit online weekly magazine. We offer a mix of reporting, analysis and commentary on politics, economy, culture, tech and innovation, the arts, as well as compelling narratives, podcasts and multimedia storytelling.
EVN Report is looking for candidates as research assistants for a project “Strengthening and Promoting Civic Journalism in Armenia” funded by British Embassy. The proposed project will include publishing alternative policy recommendations (White Papers) developed and written by experts in four specific spheres - health, justice, environment and social affairs - through consultations with relevant government bodies. The aim is to open it up to a discussion forum bringing together other experts, opinion makers, thought leaders, EVN Report’s editors and journalists and most importantly, readers to create a space and a platform for readers to be co-creators of engaged, credible journalism and allow them to have a voice in driving policy development. This collaboration envisions bringing about a more informed public that will have a say in matters that concern all layers of society through a new section on EVN Report called Readers’ Forum.
The research assistants (8 total) are expected to provide necessary research for four experts/researchers working to develop the White Papers.
● Bachelor/Master degree in public policy, sociology, development or related field.
● Basic understanding of qualitative research methods.
● Knowledge of Armenian and proficiency in English.
● Excellent attention to detail and ability to multitask and work efficiently.
● Comfortable working in a team-oriented, fast-paced environment.
● Very strong writing skills.
● Ability to collaborate and work well with program and research teams.
● Previous experience working on a research project.
● Research coordination support, including communicating with stakeholders;
● Support research design;
● Conduct primary/secondary research as per research design
Conduct interviews with research participants (if necessary) and coding/analysis of qualitative data.
● Close involvement in various stages of producing research paper (compiling information and materials, preparing charts and tables, fact-checking, and documentation).
● General support for multiple projects when necessary, including management of evaluation activities, scheduling meetings, and managing project databases
Duration: Up to 3 months
Working hours: Flexible (in agreement with expert)
Application procedures: Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 30, 2019.